Note before proceeding to load rom:
Software version: the current rom version of the device must be lower than the rom version you intend to upgrade.
Do not try to load optimized rom/cook versions for other countries, or an error will occur.
Hardware version: do not use the rom version of this machine to load another device.
Backup device data before proceeding to load rom.
1. Download and extract the original Huawei rom version that you need to load.
2. Prepare the microSD card: in the root directory of the memory card, create a folder named dload
3. Copy the file “UPDATE.APP” in the rom folder you extracted to the folder you just created on the memory card: Sdcard/dload/….
4. Insert the memory card into the phone
There are currently 3 ways to load rom for Huawei devices:
Method 1: temporarily called the “Software Upgrade” method, this way is for machines that can still access the main screen:
1. Go to the main screen (Home screen) -> click [Settings] -> select [phone upgrade] -> select [System Software Update].
2. Click [local] Upgrade –> [OK] –> [upgrade].
3. Click [Backup data], backup your data to the microSD card. If you don’t want to back up your data, you can skip this step –> click [OK].
4. Click [upgrade]. The phone will reboot and will enter the upgrade screen and start the software upgrade. The upgrade process takes about 3 minutes. While the phone is upgrading, don’t take out the phone battery, don’t take out the memory card, generally don’t do anything to the phone and just wait and wait.
Note: for some Huawei phones, you can upgrade by following these steps: Select Settings on Huawei phones -> About Phone -> System Update -> Local Update
Method 2: temporarily called the “Card Update” method, this method is used for machines that can no longer access the main screen, the machine hangs the logo, the machine restarts continuously:
1. Power off the phone
2. Simultaneously hold 3 buttons: volume up button, volume down button and power button for a period of 5~8 seconds until the rom upgrade process starts
3. The rom upgrade process takes about 5~10 minutes to complete:
4. After the upgrade is complete, the phone will reboot automatically
Method 3: Temporarily called the “fastboot” method, this method is used for machines that can no longer enter the main screen, the machine hangs the logo, the machine restarts continuously:
1. Download and install the following tools and drivers:
2. After following the instructions in the video clip, you have 2 files “system.img” and “boot.img”, you copy these 2 files to the folder of fastboot.
3. Put the phone into the bootloader (press and hold the volume down and power buttons at the same time)
4. Connect your phone to computer via USB cable
5. Run fastboot and your phone will automatically connect to the computer.
6. Now type the following command:
- fastboot erase system system.img
- fastboot erase boot boot.img
7. Next, type the following command:
- fastboot flash system system.img
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
8. Wait when the command completes, you have finished loading your rom.#Instructions to flash rom #unbrick Huawei device