SM-T900 and SM-T905 Using CF-Auto-Root
This Tutorial will guide you to root your Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 SM-T900 and SM-T905, In this tutorial we will use the CF-Auto-Root method, It is the easiest way, As it does not require any special equipments or tools, Only Odin3 flasher and Root file are required.
What is Android Rooting: According to Wikipedia the Android Rooting means “the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets, and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (known as “root access”) within Android’s subsystem.”
The Benefits of Rooting:
– Installing application that requires special access to some system files.
– Flashing custom ROMs and Kernels instead of Stock ROMs.
– Delete or modify some system files.
– Activating some hidden features.
– Repair IMEI.
– Unlocking your device via special hardware tools.
A disclaimer: Keep in mind that you are applying the root operation on your own responsibility, We provide this guide with no guarantee at all, Even the developer of this method does not give any guarantee at all.
– Backup any wanted data before starting.
– Charge your device battery to be at least at 90% of charging level.
– Download and install USB driver for Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, And it is better to restart the computer after that.
– Check the installed firmware version via this code *#1234# and write it down.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 SM-T900 and SM-T905 Rooting Steps:
– After downloading the CF-Auto-Root-v2lte-v2ltexx-smt90x.zip file, Unzip it.
– Run Odin3.exe Flasher.
– Make sure that Re-Partition option is not checked.
– Click on PDA button and select the CF-Auto-Root-….tar.md5 file from the extracted folder.
– Turn off your Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 Device.
– Wait for 10 Seconds.
– Put the device into Download Mode.
– Connect your Samsung Device to Computer using the USB cable.
– Let Windows detects the device, And install the needed USB driver for it.
– Wait until Odin3 flasher detects the Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, It should detect its COM port number.
– Click on Start button.
– Odin3 flasher will install the CF-Auto-Root file and reboots your device into special Recovery Mode.
– Some auto jobs will be done, So wait for it, The device will be rebooted after all jobs were done.
Notice: In case your Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 does not work normally after flashing this root file, Or in case it stuck in recovery mode, You can fix it by flashing a firmware package, Check here for the available firmwares for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2.