HowTo Root OnePlus 3 Smartphone
1) Ensure that your device has atleast 50-60% battery backup in it before getting started with the rooting procedure. Take a complete backup of personal data in your smartphone before getting started with the procedure.
2) Next, download OnePlus 3 USB Driver and install it in your computer as it is the only way to connect your smartphone to the computer.
3) Now, enable “Developer Options” by following this path: Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (tap on it for 5-7 times to enable Developer Options). Next, enable “USB Debugging” by following this path: Settings -> Developer Options -> USB Debugging.
4) Next, make sure that you have unlocked bootloader on your OnePlus 3T smartphone. If you don’t know how to do it, follow our How to unlock bootloader on OnePlus 3.
II. HowTo Flash TWRP Recovery In OnePlus 3T:
– To get started, download Minimal ADB and Fastboot and install it in your computer.
– Once done, download OnePlus 3 TWRP recovery and save it in the installation folder of Minimal ADB and Fastboot. Now, launch Minimal ADB and Fastboot Window.
2) Next, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable. Once done, reboot your smartphone to the fastboot / bootloader mode by entering the following command in Minimal ADB and Fastboot window:
adb reboot bootloader
3) Now, flash TWRP recovery by entering the following command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
4) Once the flashing process is finished, reboot your device by entering the following command:
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished flashing TWRP recovery in your OnePlus 3T smartphone. Let’s find out the tutorial for rooting OnePlus 3T device.
III. HowTo Root OnePlus 3:
1) To get started, download SuperSU and save it in your computer. Once done, connect your smartphone to the computer using the original USB data cable and transfer the SuperSU file to your device’s internal memory. Once done, unplug your smartphone from the computer.
2) Now, switch off your smartphone and boot into the TWRP recovery by holding Volume Down and Power Button. Next, select “Install” in TWRP recovery mode and select the “SuperSU” file to start the flashing process.
3) Once the flashing process is finished, reboot your device by selecting “Reboot” option.