How To Update rom for Galaxy A5 Duos LTE SM-A500G
Main Specs of The Samsung Galaxy A5 Duos LTE SM-A500G:
– OS: Android OS, Version 4.4.4 KitKat.
– CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 MSM8916, Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53
– GPU: Adreno 306
– RAM: 2GB
– Internal Memory: 16 GB.
– DUAL SIM Support.
– LCD: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
– Main Camera: 13 MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels, Autofocus, LED flash.
– Front Camera: 5MP Camera.
– Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 2300 mAh battery.
1- Check the current firmware of your mobile, You can check it from Setting > About Phone, Or you can use this easy code *#1234#
2- It is a good idea to write down your device current firmware version, It will be useful later, In case something goes wrong.
3- Charge your Galaxy A5 Duos’s battery to be at least at the 90% charge level.
4- Updating your mobile’s firmware will delete everything from your device internal memory, So read this Guide to learn how you can make a backup of your important data (SMS, Contacts, Notes…etc).
5- Download the Samsung Galaxy A5 Duos USB Driver, And install it, Then restart your computer.
6- Download Odin3 program (Original Android Flasher), Extract to your computer’s desktop.
7- Download The Firmware package (SM-A500G), Select the version you want to install it into your mobile.
8- Extract the firmware package to a known location on your computer.
1- Double click on Odin3.exe to run it.
2- These settings must be checked: Auto Reboot, F.Reset Time.
3- If you have the PIT file of your Samsung Galaxy A5 Duos, Then check: Re-Partition
Firmware Files Selection:
– Click on PIT button and select: A5LTE_SWA_OPEN.pit
– Click on BL button and select: BL_A500Gxxxxxxxx_…MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
– Click on AP button and select: AP_A500Gxxxxxxxx_…MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
– Click on CP button and select: CP_A500Gxxxxxxxx_…MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
– Click on CSC button and select: CSC_Oxx_A500Gxxxxxxxx_…MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
Putting your mobile into Download Mode:
At this step you have to turn off your Samsung Galaxy A5 Duos, Take out its SIM card, Then put it in Download Mode, To be able to install the new firmware into your device you should put it into this mode.
Installing the new Firmware into your Samsung Galaxy A5 Duos SM-A500G:
1- After you put your mobile into Download Mode, Use the USB cable to connect it to your computer.
2- You have to wait until Windows detects the device and installs any needed drivers.
3- Look at Odin3 program’s window, If the program detects your connected device correctly, You should see its COM Port number (0:[COMxx]).
4- You are ready to install the new firmware files into your Samsung Galaxy A5 Duos, Click Start button to begin.
5- After you click the Start button, Odin3 program will start to install the selected firmware files into the connected device.
6- Odin3 program will restart your Samsung mobile automatically after installing the firmware.
7- Wait until your Galaxy A5 Duos is restarted.
8- Look again at Odin3 program’s window, If you see PASS! Word in green, Then the update was done successfully.
9- Disconnect your mobile.
10- When the mobile is fully on, Check the new installed firmware version.
11- Now you are ready to use the device, So reinsert the SIM, Restore your backup, And customize it.
– You can update your device firmware version without using any PIT file, So use the PIT file only if you need to fix your device partitions.